Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dancing Aspens - My Vision


This wide angle photo of aspen trees in a golden meadow was taken near Kamas, Utah just before sunset. The image was used to make one of my very first fine art giclee prints. (Click on the image for a larger view.)

At one time I owned the first and only commercial fine art gallery in Salt Lake City devoted solely to photography (Aperture Photo Gallery). We were one of the first photographic galleries in the country to accept giclee prints.

Photo or Giclee Prints? Although I love true photographic prints (via the wet silver halide process), I'm a firm believer that the giclee process offers greater flexibility (more substrate and surface choices), a much wider color gamut, and more archival permanence.

I also was a giclee printing consultant for many yours for Inkjetart.com. Here's an interesting interview with Mac Holbert of Nash Editions, one of earliest printers of giclees. Nash Editions prints for photographic artists i.e. Robert Farber, Milton Greene, Douglas Kirkland, Winston Smith and Charles Wolfe.)

You can also view my Flickr Photostream to see more of "My Vision."

No comments:

Post a Comment