Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ballet Legs Perspective - My Vision


This is a wide-angle photo of a woman's legs - with her upper body disappearing from view through the principle of diminishing perspective.

Below, is the studio set-up for this image. Photography was done with a Mamiya RB67 film camera, using a 50mm wide angle lens (similar to a 24mm on a full-frame 35mm SLR camera).

(Click on any image for a larger view.)


No fancy Photoshop work was used here, just straight photography and good lighting.

Sidebar: Some time ago, a talent agency asked me to photograph some of their clients. They mainly wanted "head shots" for their talent books. Although the money they were offering to pay me wasn't that good, I saw it as an opportunity to experiment with people who were willing to try new things, and built portfolio images for both of us. Since some of these people had backgrounds in theater, they also had access to some interesting wardrobe pieces, which can really help liven a portrait. "Trading" talent has been a tool I've used over the years to increase my experience and build my photographic reputation. This image is part of a series that has resulted from these talent trades. (Debbie Cox was the model for this shot.)

You can also view my "Most Interesting" images on Flickr to see more of "My Vision".

No comments:

Post a Comment