Monday, July 27, 2009

Slapstick, Laughing Woman - My Vision


(Click on image for a larger view.)

One of my photographic "tools" is trading talent. Let me explain...

Some time ago, a talent agency asked me to photograph some of their clients. They mainly wanted "head shots" for their talent books. Although the money they were offering to pay me wasn't that good, I saw it as an opportunity to experiment with people who were willing to try new things, and built portfolio images for both of us.

Since some of these people had backgrounds in theater, they also had access to some interesting wardrobe pieces, which can really help liven a portrait.

"Trading" talent has been a tool I've used over the years to increase my experience and build my photographic reputation. In future blogs I hope to showcase a series of the images that have resulted from these talent trades.

You can also view my Flickr Photostream to see more of "My Vision."

No comments:

Post a Comment